The standard way to reduce breast volume is through breast reduction surgery. BUT breast reduction surgery involves making a long incision under the breast, then another vertical incision from the inframammary fold up to the nipple, and another incision around the nipple as generally the nipple position is altered.
Formal, open breast reduction surgery has its place, but is not without risk. Scars are inevitable, and these are often stretched and unsightly, particularly around the nipple which tends to appear flat and “stuck on” after reduction mammoplasty. Nonetheless, in young slender patients with very glandular breasts and in those with very very large pendulous breasts, formal open surgical reduction remains the better option.
Here at Peach we do liposuction, and this includes breast liposuction, to reduce breast volume without long skin scarring.
The Peach Breast Liposuction Process
Advantages of Breast Reduction by Liposuction over Surgery:
- Two tiny scars, (as opposed to the extensive anchor-shaped scarring of formal breast reduction surgery)
- No nipple scars
- Normal nipple sensation preserved
- Preserved breast shape
- Can still breast-feed
- Local anaesthetic
- Faster recovery
- Much less expensive
Breast reduction liposuction is not suitable for:
- Patients with aged, pendulous, flattened breasts.
- Those with a personal or family history of breast cancer
- 20-65% volume reduction achieved in well-selected patients. Average is 40%.
- Breasts keep their natural shape, but are lighter
- Pre-operative back and shoulder pain either disappears or is substantially reduced.
- Contraction/elevation. read more
How much does breast liposuction cost?
Breast liposuction is only $4000, plus garment costs.
Inexpensive and safe.
It can’t hurt to ask us whether we think breast liposuction will give you the result you need for a fraction of the cost of formal surgery and with a fraction of the risks. Why not?
As always, we suggest you book an appointment consultation with Dr Mahony to discuss further. Ph 02 9368 0100